All 8th – 12th grade girls and boys that live in Syracuse boundaries and are planning on trying out for SHS soccer teams are invited to the third annual ‘Cuse Futsal League this winter.
You sign up by paying your $40 to the office and filling out this form. You need to fill out the form regardless if you are signing up as a team or individually. Once you pay, your student info is linked through the receipt, bring the receipt and the form to Coach Allen in his room (2009) or have the office put it in his box and you are good to go. The coaching staff is encouraging you to create your own teams of 8, but you can also pay individually as be placed on a team by Coach Allen.
- First 96 students to sign up get to play
- Join the Futsal remind messages by texting @futsal22 to the phone number 81010
- Open to all 8th – 12th graders, whether you played for SHS in past seasons or not. All invited!
- $40 per athlete, pay in the office bring the receipt and futsal form to Coach Allen
- 1 game per week (until playoffs)
- Mostly on Monday evenings in the SHS Main/Small gyms
- Schedule will be tweaked for holiday weekends
- 5 week schedule / 4 weeks of playoffs
- 8 people per team / with a minimum of 2 girls (you may make your own teams or sign up individually and Coach Allen will place you on a team. I would encourage you to keep your girls to 2 or 3 per team) Please sign up asap
- See rules here.
- Teams and schedules will be posted during Christmas break. If you want to play you need to pay and fill out a form before the break.
- Playoff seeds will be determined by the following criteria: 1) pool record 2) head-to-head 3) scoring differential.
Check out the pdf documents below with information on game times/dates, the registration sheet needed to turn in with payment, please read the ‘cuse futsal rules and game of play. Please contact Coach Allen by email with any questions at Taallen@dsdmail.net (notice the 2 a’s), through the remind app, or on his school phone 801-402-7966.